To break the back of poverty of Indigenous communities by developing Indigenous Entrepreneurs and growing sustainable businesses.
The Indigenous Defence Consortium (IDC) is a single point deployment project and account manager, providing a diverse range of services via its consortium partners, all of whom are Indigenous owned businesses. With a national footprint the IDC has proven capability in a range of direct and indirect procurement services to support large Defence and infrastructure projects. These services include building and construction, geospatial surveying, fixed plant maintenance, cleaning, fleet management, telecommunications cabling, security, personal protective workwear, commercial law services, IT procurement, labour hire, web, audio & video conferencing, photography to consulting services and corporate gifts.
The IDC provides a channel for our clients to engage with the Australian Indigenous business sector to enhance the overall competitiveness of their Supply Chain, whilst at the same time fulfilling their Indigenous engagement and policy requirements.
With over 60 Indigenous Supply Nation certified businesses the IDC offers value for money low risk solutions to our clients to engage with Indigenous business. Current clients of our partners include over 25 federal & state Government departments and 30 of Australia’s top 100 companies.
As a participant in the ongoing Defence capability and infrastructure program, the IDC provides real long term capability building and jobs to Indigenous Australians including training and education to Indigenous youth via internship programs.
Products and Services Capability
- Facility Services & Support Services
- Professional Services & Admin
- Civil & Construction
- Logistics & Warehousing
- Consumables, PPE, Workwear, Apparel and Gifts
- Graphics, Photography, Telephony & IT (ERP, Systems Engineering)
- Over 60 Indigenous Consortium Partners
- Integrated multiservice provider with a national footprint
- A Single point deployment project/ account manager providing a diverse range of services
- A Channel for our clients to engage with Indigenous Australia to enhance the overall competitiveness of their Supply Chain
Quality Standards/Accreditations(These are the accreditations of various Consortium Partners)
- Management Systems ISO 9001, 14001 AS/ NZ 18001 OH&S
- Federal Safety Commission –Building & Construction
- Achillies supplier Certified to the resources sector
- Protective Security Framework Compliant
- AS 4421 Guards & Patrols security
Key Differentiators (USPs)
- Fulfill DOD Indigenous engagement policy requirements
- Fast & easy single point deployment solution
- Far reaching positive social impact
- Management of Indigenous Businesses in contractors Supply Chain
- A channel for Indigenous Australia to participate in long term Defence projects
- Provide Indigenous youth with opportunities to participate in training & internships in the Defence contracting community
- Real long term Jobs to Indigenous Australians
- A conduit for Indigenous Economic Development & independence for communities & families throughout Australia